Hello, residents of Woonsocket! Kathleen Stoddart here with today’s copy of the Woonsocket Daily and a Happy Halloween everyone.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy and windy. High: 64 Low: 47.
Here are the best Woonsocket stories today:
- Governor McKee and other government figures visited the COVID-19 clinic in Hamlet College of Woonsocket Saturday to support vaccination efforts. Woonsocket continues to have one of the lowest immunization rates in IR. They met with protesters against compulsory vaccinations. Monday will end the 30-day extension for state healthcare workers. Paul Rianna not only led that protest, but the one outside Governor McKee’s home earlier this month that led to arrests. (WJAR)
- Have you heard of Death cap mushrooms? They might be growing in your yard and you don’t even know it. Sadly, a Providence puppy ate one and died within 48 hours of liver failure. So folks, if you have dogs or kids, check your yard. (NBC Go to 10)
- The pandemic has only worsened the lack of affordable housing in Rhode Island. In Woonsocket, an annual income of $ 47,180 is required for a 2 bedroom apartment. Can you believe this is the lowest annual income required after Burrillville? (WPRI )
- Governor Dan McKee, Commerce Secretary Stefan Pryor, and Woonsocket Mayor Lisa Baldelli-Hunt go around Woonsocket companies Friday morning to see how they were recovering from the pandemic. They were surprised to learn that there was a shortage of CDL drivers. Truck drivers in general are a hot commodity! ( ABC6)
Today in Woonsocket:
- Come worship Jesus at Christian Church Foundation Company, 84 Cumberland St., this Sunday at 10 a.m. and stay away from the dark side! (Woonsocket Calendar)
- Woonsocket Harris Public Library: Popular children’s author, Mo Willems, wrote “Here is The Pigeon” from the pigeon book series. Pigeon is with his friend Knuffle Bunny. Both were created from pumpkins! (Facebook)
- Regular meeting of Woonsocket city council is Monday November 1st at 7:00 p.m.
at Harris Hall – Third Floor, 169 Main Street. (Woonsocket)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now up to date and ready to start Sunday off on the right foot with Kathleen Stoddart. I am a resident of Woonsocket with 3 adult children and 3 baby dogs to take care of. I love hardware stores and you can see all the cool stuff. I also work as a local real estate agent. At Christmas I love making treat baskets for our service workers and neighbors (using my family as taste testers lol)
See you tomorrow for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider including some of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.